Search Skulls in the Stars:
- The author of Skulls in the Stars is an associate professor of physics, specializing in optical science, at UNC Charlotte. The blog covers topics in physics and optics, the history of science, classic pulp fantasy and horror fiction, and the surprising intersections between these areas.
- Trey Gowdy: Hillary Clinton Wiped Server 'Clean' Of All Emails @TPM talkingpointsmemo.com/news/trey-gowd… // Apparently Ed Grimley leads investigation. 3 minutes ago
- Jeez, I lost two followers for ranting about the Poincare sphere in all caps. Didn't know people were so passionate about it! 50 minutes ago
- STEREOGRAPHIC PROJECTIONS CONNECTED TO EXPERIMENTAL MEASUREMENTS COUPLED TO FIELD QUANTITIES RELATED TO POLARIZATION GEOMETRY TIED TO 59 minutes ago
- The polarization of light is driving me insane. 1 hour ago
- … the Hell?
- General science
- History of science
- role-playing games
- Science news
- Weird fiction
Category Archives: Health
Update: tweaked the descriptions of nuclear physics to be a little more specific. I’m not sure that anything fills me with despair more than the trend of parents refusing to vaccinate their children. A couple of weeks ago, an article … Continue reading
Via my postdoc advisor (who has been suggesting enough good stuff lately that I should probably just turn the blog over to him), The New York Times has posted a very nice article on living with celiac disease, “The Expense … Continue reading
There’s been a healthy amount of discussion on the science blogs over the past few days about clinical depression, spurred on in large part by questions from aspiring academics concerning the best way to address the impact of their illness … Continue reading