Search Skulls in the Stars:
- The author of Skulls in the Stars is an associate professor of physics, specializing in optical science, at UNC Charlotte. The blog covers topics in physics and optics, the history of science, classic pulp fantasy and horror fiction, and the surprising intersections between these areas.
- RT @ninatypewriter: RT @CNNWire URGENT - Ukrainian military spokesman: Group of Cossacks smashed gates of military post in Crimea that cont… 23 minutes ago
- RT @MinorityPostdoc: Requesting that @ScienceOnline publish bylaws since affects #scio14 #scioSafe convo cc @scottros @kTraphagen 2/2 1 hour ago
- RT @MinorityPostdoc: Thx @scottros 4 @ScienceOnline Board statement re #scio14 FYI #scioSafe storify sfy.co/ebas @docfreeride re… 1 hour ago
- RT @joshtpm: You know wheels coming off anti-gay politics when >>CPAC Panelist: It Is 'A Liberal Lie' That States Ban Gay Marriage http://t… 1 hour ago
- … the Hell?
- General science
- History of science
- role-playing games
- Science news
- Weird fiction
Category Archives: Health
Via my postdoc advisor (who has been suggesting enough good stuff lately that I should probably just turn the blog over to him), The New York Times has posted a very nice article on living with celiac disease, “The Expense … Continue reading
There’s been a healthy amount of discussion on the science blogs over the past few days about clinical depression, spurred on in large part by questions from aspiring academics concerning the best way to address the impact of their illness … Continue reading