Search Skulls in the Stars:
- The author of Skulls in the Stars is an associate professor of physics, specializing in optical science, at UNC Charlotte. The blog covers topics in physics and optics, the history of science, classic pulp fantasy and horror fiction, and the surprising intersections between these areas.
- Oooh - Ms. Marvel #3 is available! *downloads* 8 hours ago
- Note in last RT: it's not that NRCC "won't" stop trying to kill ACA -- it's that they *can't.* Their obsessive hatred is uncontrollable. 8 hours ago
- RT @NRCC: No, we can’t. RT @ZekeJMiller: Obama: "I think we can all agree that it's well past time to move on." 8 hours ago
- RT @AstroKatie: .@realscientists Trillions of neutrinos pass through you every day. How many interact? You're probably in your 30s before y… 8 hours ago
- … the Hell?
- General science
- History of science
- role-playing games
- Science news
- Weird fiction
Category Archives: Health
Via my postdoc advisor (who has been suggesting enough good stuff lately that I should probably just turn the blog over to him), The New York Times has posted a very nice article on living with celiac disease, “The Expense … Continue reading
There’s been a healthy amount of discussion on the science blogs over the past few days about clinical depression, spurred on in large part by questions from aspiring academics concerning the best way to address the impact of their illness … Continue reading