Search Skulls in the Stars:
- The author of Skulls in the Stars is an associate professor of physics, specializing in optical science, at UNC Charlotte. The blog covers topics in physics and optics, the history of science, classic pulp fantasy and horror fiction, and the surprising intersections between these areas.
- Dammit -- missed an important meeting over a week ago. Wasn't given any reminder about it since it was scheduled 2 months earlier. 23 minutes ago
- RT @astroengine: A little light reading for you: the turbulent magnetohydrodynamics behind hypernovas: news.discovery.com/space/turbulen… https://t.co… 37 minutes ago
- Glad to see FOX admit that Republican beliefs are entirely faith-based. #RealityNotWelcome twitter.com/RawStory/statu… 1 hour ago
- "I --ink the -est s------ to --is -roblem is ------t --------s on ---bon e-----ions ----------" #CallDropped twitter.com/tvjrennie/stat… 1 hour ago
- … the Hell?
- General science
- History of science
- role-playing games
- Science news
- Weird fiction
Category Archives: [PhysicalScience]
The Twitter #weirdscifacts from May 23 – June 05 are below the fold!
The Twitter #weirdscifacts from May 9 – May 22 are below the fold!
This post is a repost of some proto-blogging I did on my department web page when I was a post-doc in Amsterdam. The web page is gone, now, so I thought I’d revise the essay significantly for the blog here. … Continue reading
In my blogging on the history of science, I tend to focus on the details of classic experiments — the how, why, and what of scientific history — and don’t dwell as much on “who” actually does the work. The … Continue reading
The Twitter #weirdscifacts from April 25 – May 8 are below the fold!
This post is for the special “fools, failures and frauds” edition of The Giant’s Shoulders. The early 20th century was clearly an exciting time to be a physicist. In 1905, Einstein published his special theory of relativity, radically revising human … Continue reading
The Twitter #weirdscifacts from April 11 – April 24 are below the fold!