Search Skulls in the Stars:
- The author of Skulls in the Stars is an associate professor of physics, specializing in optical science, at UNC Charlotte. The blog covers topics in physics and optics, the history of science, classic pulp fantasy and horror fiction, and the surprising intersections between these areas.
- RT @Ehmee: You think @Cosmopolitan would feature an image of dermestid beetles nibbling on a carcass? Well, they did. tmblr.co/Zprylw1MqK-jq 17 minutes ago
- An oldie but a fascinating story: using mirrors to light the dark town of Rjukan, Norway. nytimes.com/2014/04/14/wor… 26 minutes ago
- Interesting & relevant: criminal trial in Canada underway involving harassment by twitter. m.thestar.com/#/article/news… 42 minutes ago
- RT @MarleeMatlin: I support #CRPD because I support human rights for all Tell your Senator to support it too at disabilitytreaty.org! 45 minutes ago
- … the Hell?
- General science
- History of science
- role-playing games
- Science news
- Weird fiction
Category Archives: [PhysicalScience]
The Twitter #weirdscifacts from May 23 – June 05 are below the fold! About these ads
The Twitter #weirdscifacts from May 9 – May 22 are below the fold!
This post is a repost of some proto-blogging I did on my department web page when I was a post-doc in Amsterdam. The web page is gone, now, so I thought I’d revise the essay significantly for the blog here. … Continue reading
In my blogging on the history of science, I tend to focus on the details of classic experiments — the how, why, and what of scientific history — and don’t dwell as much on “who” actually does the work. The … Continue reading
The Twitter #weirdscifacts from April 25 – May 8 are below the fold!
This post is for the special “fools, failures and frauds” edition of The Giant’s Shoulders. The early 20th century was clearly an exciting time to be a physicist. In 1905, Einstein published his special theory of relativity, radically revising human … Continue reading
The Twitter #weirdscifacts from April 11 – April 24 are below the fold!