Search Skulls in the Stars:
- The author of Skulls in the Stars is an associate professor of physics, specializing in optical science, at UNC Charlotte. The blog covers topics in physics and optics, the history of science, classic pulp fantasy and horror fiction, and the surprising intersections between these areas.
- One more #365papers for tonight, to catch up: "Observation of the vortex structure of a non-integer vortex beam." 9 hours ago
- Tonight's #365papers : "Self-reconstruction of an optical vortex." 9 hours ago
- RT @TheWallStBull: PSA: I'm not as tasty as I look. twitter.com/drskyskull/sta… 9 hours ago
- Looks like I'll be doing a local science cafe later this year, possibly based on my "Science Chamber of Horrors" blog. Excited! 10 hours ago
- … the Hell?
- General science
- History of science
- role-playing games
- Science news
- Weird fiction
Category Archives: Uncategorized
Echoes of the past. We begin with teofilo at Gambler’s House, describing fascinating speculation that the former residents of Chaco Canyon may have chosen the site for their home based on its acoustic properties. (I’ve resolved to visit the site … Continue reading