Search Skulls in the Stars:
- The author of Skulls in the Stars is an associate professor of physics, specializing in optical science, at UNC Charlotte. The blog covers topics in physics and optics, the history of science, classic pulp fantasy and horror fiction, and the surprising intersections between these areas.
- Tonight's #365papers : "Nodal areas in coherent beams." 42 minutes ago
- RT @_cingraham: Great visual explanation of gerrymandering http://t.co/TpFFfDpc4A 1 hour ago
- MT @NBCNews City of Cleveland says fatal shooting of Tamir Rice by cops was caused by his own actions nbcnews.to/1AHlkgT / Insulting. 2 hours ago
- Finished #FarCry4 today, BTW. A good FPS, and also remarkably cynical about your role as a "hero" in the game. 2 hours ago
- … the Hell?
- General science
- History of science
- role-playing games
- Science news
- Weird fiction
Category Archives: Uncategorized
Echoes of the past. We begin with teofilo at Gambler’s House, describing fascinating speculation that the former residents of Chaco Canyon may have chosen the site for their home based on its acoustic properties. (I’ve resolved to visit the site … Continue reading