Search Skulls in the Stars:
- The author of Skulls in the Stars is an associate professor of physics, specializing in optical science, at UNC Charlotte. The blog covers topics in physics and optics, the history of science, classic pulp fantasy and horror fiction, and the surprising intersections between these areas.
- Big burly man screams: priceless. laughingsquid.com/sky-tower-an-a… 24 minutes ago
- Just got to use "anatomically dissected" as a metaphor in my optics textbook. #WritingIsFun! 45 minutes ago
- Conflicting court rulings on Obamacare means it will go to SCOTUS, where Scalia will strike it down on the grounds that he hates carrots. 1 hour ago
- BREAKING: Two Republican Judges Order Obamacare Defunded thinkprogress.org/justice/2014/0… / "The law helps people, and is therefore unconstitutional." 1 hour ago
- … the Hell?
- General science
- History of science
- role-playing games
- Science news
- Weird fiction
Category Archives: Uncategorized
Echoes of the past. We begin with teofilo at Gambler’s House, describing fascinating speculation that the former residents of Chaco Canyon may have chosen the site for their home based on its acoustic properties. (I’ve resolved to visit the site … Continue reading