Search Skulls in the Stars:
- The author of Skulls in the Stars is an associate professor of physics, specializing in optical science, at UNC Charlotte. The blog covers topics in physics and optics, the history of science, classic pulp fantasy and horror fiction, and the surprising intersections between these areas.
- RT @StrangeSource: @drskyskull @panther_modern They should just give Johnny Depp a big check, apologize to everyone and put the thing on Yo… 45 minutes ago
- I am so unenthusiastic about The Lone Ranger movie I wish someone would go back in time and prevent me from watching the trailers. 1 hour ago
- RT @TheDailyEdge: SEPTEMBER 2012: While #GOP austerity turns USA into 3rd World country, China approves $157B infrastructure spending http:… 1 hour ago
- RT @brx0: @drskyskull And if it *did* collapse, people would have the opportunity to choose the lowest bidder among competing private-secto… 1 hour ago
- … the Hell?
- General science
- History of science
- role-playing games
- Science news
- Weird fiction
Tag Archives: Lovecraft
Most people are hopefully aware of the very strong religious right movement to incorporate creationism (the belief that God created the world and everything in it in its present form) in science classes as valid topic of study alongside evolution … Continue reading
My thesis advisor has often lamented the rise of email in society, mainly because the electronic correspondence isn’t as permanent as the written letter, and lots of interesting historical anecdotes can get lost. I delved into one of these recently … Continue reading