We had a bit of a delay in the posting of TGS #39, but don’t forget that this means that the deadline for the 40th edition of The Giant’s Shoulders, the history of science blog carnival, is coming up quickly! You have 9 days to submit your clever insights into the history of science. This month’s edition will be hosted by Gurdur at Stranger in an Even Stranger Land; submissions can be submitted to the blog carnival website or directly to the host blog, as usual.
Search Skulls in the Stars:
- The author of Skulls in the Stars is an associate professor of physics, specializing in optical science, at UNC Charlotte. The blog covers topics in physics and optics, the history of science, classic pulp fantasy and horror fiction, and the surprising intersections between these areas.
- I want to see the movie "Spirited Away" redone but set in the 19th century. I would title it "Sen and Sensibility." 49 minutes ago
- RT @sbauerAP: Gov. Scott Walker administration says 22,600 job loss in April due to cold, rainy weather. Says numbers can't be trusted 3 hours ago
- RT @fakedansavage: This antigay hate crime -- this murder -- in NYC is just too awful: nytimes.com/2013/05/20/nyr… 3 hours ago
- MN State Rep Calls Climate Change ‘Complete United Nations Fraud And Lie’ clmpr.gs/10Fmx6c // I am so tired of these morons. 5 hours ago
- … the Hell?
- General science
- History of science
- role-playing games
- Science news
- Weird fiction