Blake over at Science After Sunclipse has written an excellent essay about the real threats and intimidation that people have experienced when speaking out in favor of evolution. The makers of the idiocy that is the film Expelled would like the public to believe that good scientists are being persecuted unfairly for speaking out against evolution. Remember, though, that a vast majority of people, both in and out of academia, are Christian, and many of the cases Blake highlights are of people who are Christian being punished and threatened apparently for being insufficiently dogmatic. Blake’s essay is well-worth a read.
Search Skulls in the Stars:
- The author of Skulls in the Stars is a professor of physics, specializing in optical science, at UNC Charlotte. The blog covers topics in physics and optics, the history of science, classic pulp fantasy and horror fiction, and the surprising intersections between these areas.
- This. Thread. twitter.com/chuckwendig/st… 30 minutes ago
- The real tragedy for Ted is that it is the only restaurant in DC that serves liver with fava beans and a nice Chian… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 7 hours ago
- Rocket Fart Flying Force twitter.com/il0vethe80s/st… 8 hours ago
- RT @craignewman: This is the best thing that has ever happened on this cursed website. twitter.com/dansinker/stat… 8 hours ago
- … the Hell?
- General science
- History of science
- role-playing games
- Science news
- Weird fiction