Blake over at Science After Sunclipse has written an excellent essay about the real threats and intimidation that people have experienced when speaking out in favor of evolution. The makers of the idiocy that is the film Expelled would like the public to believe that good scientists are being persecuted unfairly for speaking out against evolution. Remember, though, that a vast majority of people, both in and out of academia, are Christian, and many of the cases Blake highlights are of people who are Christian being punished and threatened apparently for being insufficiently dogmatic. Blake’s essay is well-worth a read.
Search Skulls in the Stars:
- The author of Skulls in the Stars is a professor of physics, specializing in optical science, at UNC Charlotte. The blog covers topics in physics and optics, the history of science, classic pulp fantasy and horror fiction, and the surprising intersections between these areas.
- ❤️❤️❤️ twitter.com/lilfidget/stat… 23 minutes ago
- RT @spunkyturnip: Nobody: What’s your favorite paradox? Me: If you ask Rick Astley for his copy of the movie UP, he cannot give it to you… 47 minutes ago
- I feel like 2020 is going to turn out to be a big lesson for the red states as to why human beings have engaged in… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 55 minutes ago
- Whew. Okay, two papers submitted today. Now to do some grocery shopping and then work on a 3rd. 58 minutes ago
- … the Hell?
- General science
- History of science
- role-playing games
- Science news
- Weird fiction