Blake over at Science After Sunclipse has written an excellent essay about the real threats and intimidation that people have experienced when speaking out in favor of evolution. The makers of the idiocy that is the film Expelled would like the public to believe that good scientists are being persecuted unfairly for speaking out against evolution. Remember, though, that a vast majority of people, both in and out of academia, are Christian, and many of the cases Blake highlights are of people who are Christian being punished and threatened apparently for being insufficiently dogmatic. Blake’s essay is well-worth a read.
Search Skulls in the Stars:
- The author of Skulls in the Stars is a professor of physics, specializing in optical science, at UNC Charlotte. The blog covers topics in physics and optics, the history of science, classic pulp fantasy and horror fiction, and the surprising intersections between these areas.
- In a sense this is perfect because it confirms my suspicions about my dating future. twitter.com/drskyskull/sta… 14 minutes ago
- I didn't even know that this was a thing that was possible but it totally makes sense that it would happen to me. twitter.com/drskyskull/sta… 55 minutes ago
- Looks like I'm heading to drop below 16k followers again soon ah well it was fun while it lasted 57 minutes ago
- left left left left left left left left left leftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftle… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 hour ago
- … the Hell?
- General science
- History of science
- role-playing games
- Science news
- Weird fiction