Blake over at Science After Sunclipse has written an excellent essay about the real threats and intimidation that people have experienced when speaking out in favor of evolution. The makers of the idiocy that is the film Expelled would like the public to believe that good scientists are being persecuted unfairly for speaking out against evolution. Remember, though, that a vast majority of people, both in and out of academia, are Christian, and many of the cases Blake highlights are of people who are Christian being punished and threatened apparently for being insufficiently dogmatic. Blake’s essay is well-worth a read.
Search Skulls in the Stars:
- The author of Skulls in the Stars is a professor of physics, specializing in optical science, at UNC Charlotte. The blog covers topics in physics and optics, the history of science, classic pulp fantasy and horror fiction, and the surprising intersections between these areas.
- RT @techreview: Here's an intriguing new twist on the sci-fi staple. bit.ly/32NlHIg 2 hours ago
- RT @girlyratfish: .@drskyskull twitter.com/caliadomenico/… 2 hours ago
- RT @MollyJongFast: I haven’t seen anyone confess to crimes on television since the last time I saw Rudy Giuliani confess to crimes on telev… 8 hours ago
- Okay, stepping away for a few minutes, but let me leave you with https://t.co/QXrp3lwEiE 9 hours ago
- … the Hell?
- General science
- History of science
- role-playing games
- Science news
- Weird fiction