This July 4th, if you’re celebrating the history of the United States, why not celebrate some history of science as well? There’s 12 days left until the deadline for The Giant’s Shoulders #13, which is the first anniversary edition of the carnival, to be hosted right here. Let’s make this one extra-special and get a lot of great entries submitted!
Search Skulls in the Stars:
- The author of Skulls in the Stars is an associate professor of physics, specializing in optical science, at UNC Charlotte. The blog covers topics in physics and optics, the history of science, classic pulp fantasy and horror fiction, and the surprising intersections between these areas.
- Read the first reply to SLJ for perhaps the worst take on the first amendment in recorded history. https://t.co/GWH1gHGWz4 9 minutes ago
- I really wish I had some work excuse to visit NYC because I’ve only been there once but I know so many cool people there. 47 minutes ago
- This video gets more mind-boggling the more one thinks about it. twitter.com/rainmaker1973/… 54 minutes ago
- RT @KateClancy: So, I love the print title much more ("Rid the Sciences of Harassers") but here is the online version of my @NatGeo article… 55 minutes ago
- … the Hell?
- General science
- History of science
- role-playing games
- Science news
- Weird fiction