This July 4th, if you’re celebrating the history of the United States, why not celebrate some history of science as well? There’s 12 days left until the deadline for The Giant’s Shoulders #13, which is the first anniversary edition of the carnival, to be hosted right here. Let’s make this one extra-special and get a lot of great entries submitted!
Search Skulls in the Stars:
- The author of Skulls in the Stars is a professor of physics, specializing in optical science, at UNC Charlotte. The blog covers topics in physics and optics, the history of science, classic pulp fantasy and horror fiction, and the surprising intersections between these areas.
- Fingers crossed that the higher courts are actually reasonable. I don’t have a lot of faith. twitter.com/daveweigel/sta… 47 minutes ago
- RT @KamalaHarris: BREAKING: A Texas judge just sided with Trump and the Republicans to rule the Affordable Care Act unconstitutional. This… 50 minutes ago
- ICYMI: crank judge in Texas ruled the entire ACA unconstitutional because “reasons.” twitter.com/topherspiro/st… 51 minutes ago
- 2nd night in a row playing guitar for hours. Now that I’ve finished Assassin’s Creed Odyssey, I have a lot of free time. 1 hour ago
- … the Hell?
- General science
- History of science
- role-playing games
- Science news
- Weird fiction