This July 4th, if you’re celebrating the history of the United States, why not celebrate some history of science as well? There’s 12 days left until the deadline for The Giant’s Shoulders #13, which is the first anniversary edition of the carnival, to be hosted right here. Let’s make this one extra-special and get a lot of great entries submitted!
Search Skulls in the Stars:
- The author of Skulls in the Stars is an associate professor of physics, specializing in optical science, at UNC Charlotte. The blog covers topics in physics and optics, the history of science, classic pulp fantasy and horror fiction, and the surprising intersections between these areas.
- New thought: let's build the wall on Mexico's *southern* border. Problems solved! twitter.com/mattwhouse/sta… 2 minutes ago
- RT @jkbibliophile: This Pence thing is SO common. Recently was told by a church man that he couldn't talk to me even in LARGE GROUP SETTING… 13 minutes ago
- RT @ClinicEscort: This tweet is fake news. The FUNDING is for non-abortion reproductive healthcare. Abortion care provision is just the axe… 21 minutes ago
- This is the sort of thing that increases the risk of us being targeted by terrorism. twitter.com/washingtonpost… 33 minutes ago
- … the Hell?
- General science
- History of science
- role-playing games
- Science news
- Weird fiction