This July 4th, if you’re celebrating the history of the United States, why not celebrate some history of science as well? There’s 12 days left until the deadline for The Giant’s Shoulders #13, which is the first anniversary edition of the carnival, to be hosted right here. Let’s make this one extra-special and get a lot of great entries submitted!
Search Skulls in the Stars:
- The author of Skulls in the Stars is a professor of physics, specializing in optical science, at UNC Charlotte. The blog covers topics in physics and optics, the history of science, classic pulp fantasy and horror fiction, and the surprising intersections between these areas.
- She needs more than a whip these days. I’m thinking a baseball bat with nails in it. twitter.com/shannonmstiron… 1 hour ago
- Whew. Okay, after spending an hour reading up on the obsolete caloric theory of heat, I’m ready for bed. 5 hours ago
- Currently on page 12 of an optics calculation. Thinking the detailed math is going in an appendix. 7 hours ago
- Cookie in my lap. Rascal unconscious in the back. https://t.co/19rtw1jKSO 9 hours ago
- … the Hell?
- General science
- History of science
- role-playing games
- Science news
- Weird fiction