- hey, where are those galaxy clusters going? Greg Fish at weird things describes “dark flow”, a mysterious unexplained pull that some clusters of galaxies are experiencing.
- Recharge your batteries. calvinus at Post Tenebras Lux tells us about an intriguing new type of battery material that has an energy storage capacity rivaling gasoline and uses air as one of it chemical ingredients.
- Why do Toucans have large bill. If you’ve always thought that the Toucan’s bill looks cumbersome and inconvenient, check out this post! Arunn at Unruled Notebook explains research showing that the bill plays a remarkable role in regulating the Toucan’s temperature.
Search Skulls in the Stars:
- Follow Skulls in the Stars on WordPress.com
- The author of Skulls in the Stars is a professor of physics, specializing in optical science, at UNC Charlotte. The blog covers topics in physics and optics, the history of science, classic pulp fantasy and horror fiction, and the surprising intersections between these areas.
Mastodon account: drskyskull