There’s 12 days left to submit entries for the 23rd installment of The Giant’s Shoulders, a special edition dubbed “The Leviathan’s Shoulders”! It will be hosted by Kevin Zelnio over at Deep Sea News, and will be a special “oceans edition” of the carnival. All ordinary entries will still be accepted, but bloggers are encouraged to submit posts on the history of science that deal specifically with oceans and ocean life! Entries can be submitted through blogcarnival.com or directly to the host blog, as usual.
Search Skulls in the Stars:
- The author of Skulls in the Stars is an associate professor of physics, specializing in optical science, at UNC Charlotte. The blog covers topics in physics and optics, the history of science, classic pulp fantasy and horror fiction, and the surprising intersections between these areas.
- The daily ritual of pretending that it’s Donald’s birthday again. twitter.com/presssec/statu… 2 hours ago
- Basically, the current president is simply a puppet. twitter.com/taragolshan/st… 2 hours ago
- RT @christinawilkie: First rule of a shutdown: Never say the shutdown is a good thing for you, politically. It’s like saying a hurricane is… 3 hours ago
- Is that so much to ask for? twitter.com/war_kittens/st… 6 hours ago
- … the Hell?
- General science
- History of science
- role-playing games
- Science news
- Weird fiction