We had a bit of a delay in the posting of TGS #39, but don’t forget that this means that the deadline for the 40th edition of The Giant’s Shoulders, the history of science blog carnival, is coming up quickly! You have 9 days to submit your clever insights into the history of science. This month’s edition will be hosted by Gurdur at Stranger in an Even Stranger Land; submissions can be submitted to the blog carnival website or directly to the host blog, as usual.
Search Skulls in the Stars:
- The author of Skulls in the Stars is a professor of physics, specializing in optical science, at UNC Charlotte. The blog covers topics in physics and optics, the history of science, classic pulp fantasy and horror fiction, and the surprising intersections between these areas.
- RT @scottEmovienerd: the youtube bigots who make 35 hate videos about black mermaids are gonna love this. 27 minutes ago
- So the Physics Nobel Prize went to researchers in quantum entanglement. If anyone wants to read a lengthy series of… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 hour ago
- RT @leonidragozin: Zelensky draws a thick red line by decreeing that Ukraine will not hold any negotiations with Vladimir Putin. He explain… 5 hours ago
- RT @johnmdudley: Little known story: if it wasn't for Alain Aspect, I might never have ended up in France. He gave an "avis favorable" for… 5 hours ago
- … the Hell?
- General science
- History of science
- role-playing games
- Science news
- Weird fiction