We had a bit of a delay in the posting of TGS #39, but don’t forget that this means that the deadline for the 40th edition of The Giant’s Shoulders, the history of science blog carnival, is coming up quickly! You have 9 days to submit your clever insights into the history of science. This month’s edition will be hosted by Gurdur at Stranger in an Even Stranger Land; submissions can be submitted to the blog carnival website or directly to the host blog, as usual.
Search Skulls in the Stars:
- The author of Skulls in the Stars is an associate professor of physics, specializing in optical science, at UNC Charlotte. The blog covers topics in physics and optics, the history of science, classic pulp fantasy and horror fiction, and the surprising intersections between these areas.
- RT @JenAshleyWright: Well, this thread is perfect twitter.com/stealthygeek/s… 4 hours ago
- RT @rmathematicus: Yesterday's Rant: Can we please stop (mis)quoting Albert on Emmy, it’s demeaning? thonyc.wordpress.com/2017/10/16/can… … https://t.co… 7 hours ago
- RT @NiamhNic: I hadn't thought about this much before, but, damn... https://t.co/iHZ4g6AwMk 7 hours ago
- What I was talking about earlier, @twitter. twitter.com/honestuniverse… 7 hours ago
- … the Hell?
- General science
- History of science
- role-playing games
- Science news
- Weird fiction