Welcome to my new weblog! The title of this post refers to the title of an unpublished Robert E. Howard story, and also sounds like a perfect way to describe my goals here. I’m a professor of physics who has been flitting and fighting around the blogosphere for some time, and decided it was time to try my hand at this ‘blogging’ thing. For an explanation about the title of the blog, see the ‘about’ page. Some of my influences and inspirations can, of course, be found in the blogroll.
Search Skulls in the Stars:
- The author of Skulls in the Stars is a professor of physics, specializing in optical science, at UNC Charlotte. The blog covers topics in physics and optics, the history of science, classic pulp fantasy and horror fiction, and the surprising intersections between these areas.
- I feel like this is how the next remake of “The Blob” will start. twitter.com/nanoracks/stat… 3 hours ago
- RT @roseperson: This child had her parent's phone number on her wrist, and NOBODY HAD CALLED IT. twitter.com/profcarroll/st… 4 hours ago
- In your case, it would be more of a refund due to the fact that the education didn’t take twitter.com/newtgingrich/s… 4 hours ago
- RT @DrAndrewThaler: Why not? I paid off GM's debt and didn't even get a thank you. twitter.com/kenklippenstei… 4 hours ago
- … the Hell?
- General science
- History of science
- role-playing games
- Science news
- Weird fiction