Welcome to my new weblog! The title of this post refers to the title of an unpublished Robert E. Howard story, and also sounds like a perfect way to describe my goals here. I’m a professor of physics who has been flitting and fighting around the blogosphere for some time, and decided it was time to try my hand at this ‘blogging’ thing. For an explanation about the title of the blog, see the ‘about’ page. Some of my influences and inspirations can, of course, be found in the blogroll.
Search Skulls in the Stars:
- The author of Skulls in the Stars is a professor of physics, specializing in optical science, at UNC Charlotte. The blog covers topics in physics and optics, the history of science, classic pulp fantasy and horror fiction, and the surprising intersections between these areas.
- “This wildly popular bill is politically risky” is really a take I wasn’t expecting twitter.com/holmesjosh/sta… 5 hours ago
- Okay the only reason I'm still awake is because there's a cat sitting in my lap and I can't move to turn off the li… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 8 hours ago
- RT @ThatShockratees: Manchin’s not just an asshole, he’s a stupid one. twitter.com/jamespmanley/s… 9 hours ago
- I still need to use this monster in a D&D adventure. https://t.co/A6sdPhstjr 9 hours ago
- … the Hell?
- General science
- History of science
- role-playing games
- Science news
- Weird fiction