Welcome to my new weblog! The title of this post refers to the title of an unpublished Robert E. Howard story, and also sounds like a perfect way to describe my goals here. I’m a professor of physics who has been flitting and fighting around the blogosphere for some time, and decided it was time to try my hand at this ‘blogging’ thing. For an explanation about the title of the blog, see the ‘about’ page. Some of my influences and inspirations can, of course, be found in the blogroll.
Search Skulls in the Stars:
- The author of Skulls in the Stars is a professor of physics, specializing in optical science, at UNC Charlotte. The blog covers topics in physics and optics, the history of science, classic pulp fantasy and horror fiction, and the surprising intersections between these areas.
- RT @raininblack: Crack open a book for the LOVE OF GAWD twitter.com/amarikidd/stat… 9 minutes ago
- RT @MadSciKat: Just another "very fine person." Wonder where he was radicalized... twitter.com/SarahBurris/st… 15 minutes ago
- RT @RepSwalwell: It’s snowing in #NewYork. I need coffee. The closest cafe is inside Trump Tower. This is me walking to an alternative. htt… 48 minutes ago
- I feel like pissing myself off tonight so I’m bringing this book home to read. https://t.co/nqFD3j02FZ 1 hour ago
- … the Hell?
- General science
- History of science
- role-playing games
- Science news
- Weird fiction