Welcome to my new weblog! The title of this post refers to the title of an unpublished Robert E. Howard story, and also sounds like a perfect way to describe my goals here. I’m a professor of physics who has been flitting and fighting around the blogosphere for some time, and decided it was time to try my hand at this ‘blogging’ thing. For an explanation about the title of the blog, see the ‘about’ page. Some of my influences and inspirations can, of course, be found in the blogroll.
Search Skulls in the Stars:
- The author of Skulls in the Stars is a professor of physics, specializing in optical science, at UNC Charlotte. The blog covers topics in physics and optics, the history of science, classic pulp fantasy and horror fiction, and the surprising intersections between these areas.
- I opted to just keep my thread of talented and amazing women to follow from last week, just because there are too m… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 8 hours ago
- RT @SusanLambert: This thread of talented women to follow is amazing. And @drskyskull is one of the men I follow because he is an ally and… 8 hours ago
- RT @BreeNewsome: Again, these are reality tv solutions to real world problems. Won’t work. Folks think it’s a game, like it doesn’t really… 8 hours ago
- Dammit, @Bhaal_Spawn, I've had a fake book title writer's block for weeks! I haven't given up, I just haven't been inspired! 8 hours ago
- … the Hell?
- General science
- History of science
- role-playing games
- Science news
- Weird fiction