Welcome to my new weblog! The title of this post refers to the title of an unpublished Robert E. Howard story, and also sounds like a perfect way to describe my goals here. I’m a professor of physics who has been flitting and fighting around the blogosphere for some time, and decided it was time to try my hand at this ‘blogging’ thing. For an explanation about the title of the blog, see the ‘about’ page. Some of my influences and inspirations can, of course, be found in the blogroll.
Search Skulls in the Stars:
- The author of Skulls in the Stars is an associate professor of physics, specializing in optical science, at UNC Charlotte. The blog covers topics in physics and optics, the history of science, classic pulp fantasy and horror fiction, and the surprising intersections between these areas.
- Hey, @twitter, it is not a good business strategy to drive off interesting people like @Lexialex and @paulengelhard… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 hours ago
- RT @Steph_I_Will: 😭😭😭😭😭😭 twitter.com/metaibucky/sta… 3 hours ago
- 🎶 Scooby Scooby Doo, 🎶 https://t.co/CaKQ9QYgdH 4 hours ago
- RT @Emma4Change: For all those who want to know how to get involved with our Movement and don't know how, follow this link! https://t.co/65… 4 hours ago
- … the Hell?
- General science
- History of science
- role-playing games
- Science news
- Weird fiction