Welcome to my new weblog! The title of this post refers to the title of an unpublished Robert E. Howard story, and also sounds like a perfect way to describe my goals here. I’m a professor of physics who has been flitting and fighting around the blogosphere for some time, and decided it was time to try my hand at this ‘blogging’ thing. For an explanation about the title of the blog, see the ‘about’ page. Some of my influences and inspirations can, of course, be found in the blogroll.
Search Skulls in the Stars:
- The author of Skulls in the Stars is a professor of physics, specializing in optical science, at UNC Charlotte. The blog covers topics in physics and optics, the history of science, classic pulp fantasy and horror fiction, and the surprising intersections between these areas.
- I didn’t know this was a thing and I’m laughing twitter.com/acecourtbot/st… 19 minutes ago
- RT @CAPYBARA_MAN: unbothered. moisturised. happy. in my lane. focused. flourishing. https://t.co/tXJjJJ472C 21 minutes ago
- RT @PenguinGalaxy: I didn't know I outputted enzymes, but I'd be thrilled to glow in the dark like a jellyfish. Pray, when does this moment… 36 minutes ago
- Yes, but if it works PROPERLY then nobody will know that I built it! twitter.com/HoboCEOE/statu… 1 hour ago
- … the Hell?
- General science
- History of science
- role-playing games
- Science news
- Weird fiction