Here are the Twitter #weirdscifacts for the past week!
375. Mar 23: What do walruses use their tusks for? Pulling their chubby selves out of the water onto ice, for one.
378. Mar 26: Gut bacteria may influence thoughts and behavior! “You are what helps you eat”?
379. Mar 27: The fanwing — a third type of powered lift for aircraft?
380. Mar 28: The 1755 Lisbon earthquake influenced the philosophy of thinkers such as Kant, Rousseau and Voltaire.
381. Mar 29: Giraffes they have a sponge-like collection of veins and arteries in the neck which regulates the flow of blood when they dip their heads to drink. (h/t @anthinpractice) This collection is called the rete mirabile (“wonderful net”).