Search Skulls in the Stars:
- The author of Skulls in the Stars is a professor of physics, specializing in optical science, at UNC Charlotte. The blog covers topics in physics and optics, the history of science, classic pulp fantasy and horror fiction, and the surprising intersections between these areas.
- Okay, @katewalsh is so delightfully devious in Umbrella Academy S2. 1 hour ago
- Geez if you haven't been reading @Orbitaldropkick's Kill Six Billion Demons, you're missing out. It is beautiful an… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 hours ago
- Uh huh. twitter.com/ddale8/status/… 4 hours ago
- RT @DrAndrewThaler: I missed the part in the Constitution where the Senate requires a 9/10ths majority to pass a bill. https://t.co/aSHg3Ba… 4 hours ago
- … the Hell?
- General science
- History of science
- role-playing games
- Science news
- Weird fiction
Category Archives: Weirdscifacts
This is it — the last regular installment of my Twitter weird science facts! I’ve done a full year of weirdscifacts, averaging one fact per day for the entire year (though I’ve had to play catch up on missed days … Continue reading
Happy Holidays! Nearing completion of a full year of facts! Read on to learn what this strange leech-based device was designed to do.
Getting soooo close to having done a full year of Twitter weirdscifacts! Read below to learn the amazing ability that this seemingly ordinary European robin possesses.
Time for another round of #weirdscifacts from Twitter! I’m closing in quickly on a full year of facts, and I don’t think I’ll continue this past a year, so enjoy them while you can! Read below to find out what … Continue reading
Time to summarize more weirdscifacts as posted on Twitter! Read on to learn about the amazing origins of the rather innocent looking palm pictured below.
It’s been a long delay since my last volume of twitter #weirdscifacts, so we’ve got a lot of catching up do to! I was at the Frontiers in Optics meeting in Rochester all last week, which put me quite behind. … Continue reading
Time again for a compilation of Twitter #weirdscifacts! Click below the link to find out what the heck these Japanese honeybees are doing.
Been a crazy few weeks for me, and I’ve barely had time to sit down, much less blog! But at last I’m going to catch up on compiling my Twitter #weirdscifacts! Read below to find out what this tiny crab … Continue reading
Time for another summary of weird science facts, as posted by me on Twitter! Read below to see the devilish secret held within this innocent-looking cup. (Which I own, btw.)
Time for another round-up of weirdscifacts from Twitter! Read below to find out what this creepy 1873 woodcut is depicting.