Here are the week’s Twitter #weirdscifacts!
452. June 08: The cookiecutter shark — it gouges round plugs from its prey like, well, a cookiecutter!
453. June 09: Cotard’s syndrome: strangely, some folks believed they were zombies even b4 “Night of the Living Dead”.
454. June 10: Polar explorer Charles Francis Hall died on a North Pole expedition — poisoned by his crew.
455. June 11: Bagheera kiplingi — the only vegetarian spider known, out of 40k spider species! (h/t @edyong209)
456. June 12: Record 8.6 km balloon trip in 1875 by chemist Gaston Tissandier left him deaf and his 2 companions dead.
457. June 13: Microlaser made of a living cell! (h/t @jbhathaw @sciencecomedian)
458. June 14: The underwater diving-bell spider, which actually uses its webs as gills! (h/t @discoveryplace)