There are only 6 days left until the deadline for The Giant’s Shoulders #38, to be hosted by The Board of Longitude Blog! This will be a “Georgian Special Edition”, with an emphasis on posts related to 18th century science — though of course entries from all eras will still be allowed! Please submit your entries directly to the host or Blog Carnival.com by August 15th!
Search Skulls in the Stars:
- The author of Skulls in the Stars is an associate professor of physics, specializing in optical science, at UNC Charlotte. The blog covers topics in physics and optics, the history of science, classic pulp fantasy and horror fiction, and the surprising intersections between these areas.
- Tonight's activities summarized. https://t.co/Jwxyn7nIVK 2 hours ago
- RT @jonoread: That guy mouthing "that's bollocks" probably managed to sum up the mood of the nation watching #BattleForNumber10 https://t.c… 3 hours ago
- Has anyone set the video of Putin listening to Macron to Curb Your Enthusiasm yet? 3 hours ago
- I assume that they're filled with broken promises and the stench of failure. twitter.com/jimpjorps/stat… 4 hours ago
- … the Hell?
- General science
- History of science
- role-playing games
- Science news
- Weird fiction