There are only 6 days left until the deadline for The Giant’s Shoulders #38, to be hosted by The Board of Longitude Blog! This will be a “Georgian Special Edition”, with an emphasis on posts related to 18th century science — though of course entries from all eras will still be allowed! Please submit your entries directly to the host or Blog Carnival.com by August 15th!
Search Skulls in the Stars:
- The author of Skulls in the Stars is an associate professor of physics, specializing in optical science, at UNC Charlotte. The blog covers topics in physics and optics, the history of science, classic pulp fantasy and horror fiction, and the surprising intersections between these areas.
- RT @DrJenGunter: like I said @ScottAdamsSays you should actually watch the football (and read the science) twitter.com/jordanuhl/stat… 1 hour ago
- RT @seanmcarroll: The physicist who put the “squared” in “kinetic energy is one-half mass times velocity squared." twitter.com/anitaleirfall/… 5 hours ago
- Just left a reminder note for myself about my book: “end with joke about British woman.” 6 hours ago
- RT @BarackObama: I’ll let you and @ladygaga handle the singing, and we’ll handle the donations. There’s still time to give: https://t.co/o5… 6 hours ago
- … the Hell?
- General science
- History of science
- role-playing games
- Science news
- Weird fiction