There are only 6 days left until the deadline for The Giant’s Shoulders #38, to be hosted by The Board of Longitude Blog! This will be a “Georgian Special Edition”, with an emphasis on posts related to 18th century science — though of course entries from all eras will still be allowed! Please submit your entries directly to the host or Blog Carnival.com by August 15th!
Search Skulls in the Stars:
- The author of Skulls in the Stars is an associate professor of physics, specializing in optical science, at UNC Charlotte. The blog covers topics in physics and optics, the history of science, classic pulp fantasy and horror fiction, and the surprising intersections between these areas.
- From now on, I will call @Scaramucci "Trump's Mini-Me." twitter.com/yashar/status/… 25 minutes ago
- RT @GottaLaff: Check out who's saying this: twitter.com/BillKristol/st… 31 minutes ago
- Currently digging up a paper from 1715 for a different physics blog post. 36 minutes ago
- RT @ezraklein: I'm old enough to remember when GOP promised their repeal and replace bill would stabilize insurance markets: https://t.co/… 43 minutes ago
- … the Hell?
- General science
- History of science
- role-playing games
- Science news
- Weird fiction