There are only 6 days left until the deadline for The Giant’s Shoulders #38, to be hosted by The Board of Longitude Blog! This will be a “Georgian Special Edition”, with an emphasis on posts related to 18th century science — though of course entries from all eras will still be allowed! Please submit your entries directly to the host or Blog Carnival.com by August 15th!
Search Skulls in the Stars:
- The author of Skulls in the Stars is a professor of physics, specializing in optical science, at UNC Charlotte. The blog covers topics in physics and optics, the history of science, classic pulp fantasy and horror fiction, and the surprising intersections between these areas.
- RT @slimyswampghost: Those woods were notorious for missing persons cases, one or two a year. But it remained extremely popular during deer… 40 minutes ago
- Going to make some bacon cheeseburger tacos this weekend for some variety. 1 hour ago
- So @JamesGunn has said he's already working on another series spinoff for a Suicide Squad character? https://t.co/fms5PwidDW 1 hour ago
- Agent is following the "only way to be inconspicuous is to be highly conspicuous" strategy twitter.com/PulpLibrarian/… 2 hours ago
- … the Hell?
- General science
- History of science
- role-playing games
- Science news
- Weird fiction