Search Skulls in the Stars:
- The author of Skulls in the Stars is a professor of physics, specializing in optical science, at UNC Charlotte. The blog covers topics in physics and optics, the history of science, classic pulp fantasy and horror fiction, and the surprising intersections between these areas.
- Whew. Fought a mind flayer in D&D tonight. We survived! 3 hours ago
- Uh-oh I have extra cash but can't think of anything to buy I'M HAVING A CAPITALISM CRISIS 4 hours ago
- Artist's impression of RW evangelicals, looking out for all the warning signs that the bible tells them about:… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 hours ago
- Cats helping with D&D. https://t.co/LzE9JY6TL6 4 hours ago
- … the Hell?
- General science
- History of science
- role-playing games
- Science news
- Weird fiction
Category Archives: Fantasy fiction
I haven’t been blogging much lately, because *gestures hands at everything* but I wanted to give a shoutout and a boost to a friend’s work today! If you’ve been following for a while, you may remember that not too long … Continue reading
Time again for another compilation of old School Dungeons & Dragons posts from twitter! I am still not tired of exploring the history and mechanics of classic RPGs and the adventures written for them. Bughunters (1993), by Lester Smith. We … Continue reading
Life has had its ups and downs over the past few years, with a number of particularly painful downs. But every once in a while, something really lovely happens that reminds me that the world still has some surprises and … Continue reading