Search Skulls in the Stars:
- The author of Skulls in the Stars is a professor of physics, specializing in optical science, at UNC Charlotte. The blog covers topics in physics and optics, the history of science, classic pulp fantasy and horror fiction, and the surprising intersections between these areas.
- RT @natsechobbyist: I want to share a story 🧵 One morning in early July 2020, someone called & asked if I was aware that the previous day… 23 minutes ago
- I mean, I did a postdoc in Amsterdam for two years and, uh, I did just fine? And came back thinking the US system… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 37 minutes ago
- I spend most of my days feeling like a complete failure as a human being. 42 minutes ago
- I hope the GOP doesn’t think they’re gonna get a bunch of grateful votes from forced birth babies in the future bec… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 hours ago
- … the Hell?
- General science
- History of science
- role-playing games
- Science news
- Weird fiction
Category Archives: Fantasy fiction
Time for another compilation of my twitter OldSchoolDungeonsAndDragons threads! I’ve done 22 posts of these and still have tons of things to talk about. To begin: a small riddle! What are these mysterious, faux-leather bound tomes, inscribed with the TSR … Continue reading →
Hey, you know what I haven’t done in a while? Compile my old school Dungeons & Dragons twitter threads into a post! So here we go… Undermountain: Stardock (1997), by Steven E. Schend. I bought this one specifically because I … Continue reading →
Wow, have I been doing these threads forever? Yes, yes I have! The first one was in August of 2019! Anyway, here are some more old school Dungeons & Dragons posts, compiled from my twitter threads. Night Below, an Underdark … Continue reading →
Have I really done enough twitter threads of old school Dungeons and Dragons to fill 19 posts? Yes, I have, and there’s more to come! Let’s jump right in… The Book of Lairs (1986), by Jim Ward and Michael Breault. … Continue reading →
Time for another round of old school Dungeons and Dragons, taken from my long-running twitter series! Dragons (1986), by Cory Glaberson. Here is another supplement in the Role Aids line for D&D that was produced by Mayfair Games, originally under … Continue reading →
Since I’m behind in compiling my old school D&D posts from twitter, here’s another post! Operation Seventh Seal (1985), by Evan Robinson. Let’s look at an adventure from another TSR roleplaying game, Top Secret!
Been a while since I’ve compiled my twitter threads on old school D&D, so time to catch up a bit! Reunion (1998), by Jackie Cassada and Nicky Rea. Here we look at a rather unusual specimen from the Al-Qadim line … Continue reading →
I haven’t been blogging much lately, because *gestures hands at everything* but I wanted to give a shoutout and a boost to a friend’s work today! If you’ve been following for a while, you may remember that not too long … Continue reading →
Time for another roundup of my twitter threads on old school Dungeons & Dragons products! Let’s jump right in: The Complete Fighter’s Handbook (1989), by Aaron Allston. I haven’t yet touched any of the “handbook” supplements that were made for … Continue reading →
Okay, time for a round of Old School Dungeons & Dragons, taken from my twitter posts! Things are moving a little slower due to the craziness of the world distracting me, but let’s look at a few classic items! Cardmaster … Continue reading →