Search Skulls in the Stars:
- The author of Skulls in the Stars is a professor of physics, specializing in optical science, at UNC Charlotte. The blog covers topics in physics and optics, the history of science, classic pulp fantasy and horror fiction, and the surprising intersections between these areas.
- This is really weird -- I spent 20 years living in Chicago and the suburbs and never heard of Malört until now. I t… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 hour ago
- I am shocked, shocked to see a kid who became a teenager has suddenly become rebellious twitter.com/ndrew_lawrence… 1 hour ago
- Threw my eclipse photos into a little blog post! twitter.com/drskyskull/sta… 1 hour ago
- Rough photos of lunar eclipse 2022 skullsinthestars.com/2022/05/16/rou… 1 hour ago
- … the Hell?
- General science
- History of science
- role-playing games
- Science news
- Weird fiction
Category Archives: Fantasy fiction
Twenty-four blog posts about old school Dungeons & Dragons? I can hardly believe I’ve done it! Let’s begin right away: Palace of the Silver Princess (1981), by Tom Moldvay and Jean Wells. This module is one of the true classics, … Continue reading →
Let’s continue to collect those old school D&D threads that I share on twitter! The Thieves of Fortress Badabaskor, by the Judges Guild staff (1978). This one is a true classic of old school gaming! Judges Guild, which still does … Continue reading →
Time for another compilation of my twitter OldSchoolDungeonsAndDragons threads! I’ve done 22 posts of these and still have tons of things to talk about. To begin: a small riddle! What are these mysterious, faux-leather bound tomes, inscribed with the TSR … Continue reading →
Hey, you know what I haven’t done in a while? Compile my old school Dungeons & Dragons twitter threads into a post! So here we go… Undermountain: Stardock (1997), by Steven E. Schend. I bought this one specifically because I … Continue reading →
Wow, have I been doing these threads forever? Yes, yes I have! The first one was in August of 2019! Anyway, here are some more old school Dungeons & Dragons posts, compiled from my twitter threads. Night Below, an Underdark … Continue reading →
Have I really done enough twitter threads of old school Dungeons and Dragons to fill 19 posts? Yes, I have, and there’s more to come! Let’s jump right in… The Book of Lairs (1986), by Jim Ward and Michael Breault. … Continue reading →
Time for another round of old school Dungeons and Dragons, taken from my long-running twitter series! Dragons (1986), by Cory Glaberson. Here is another supplement in the Role Aids line for D&D that was produced by Mayfair Games, originally under … Continue reading →
Since I’m behind in compiling my old school D&D posts from twitter, here’s another post! Operation Seventh Seal (1985), by Evan Robinson. Let’s look at an adventure from another TSR roleplaying game, Top Secret!
Been a while since I’ve compiled my twitter threads on old school D&D, so time to catch up a bit! Reunion (1998), by Jackie Cassada and Nicky Rea. Here we look at a rather unusual specimen from the Al-Qadim line … Continue reading →
I haven’t been blogging much lately, because *gestures hands at everything* but I wanted to give a shoutout and a boost to a friend’s work today! If you’ve been following for a while, you may remember that not too long … Continue reading →