Search Skulls in the Stars:
- The author of Skulls in the Stars is a professor of physics, specializing in optical science, at UNC Charlotte. The blog covers topics in physics and optics, the history of science, classic pulp fantasy and horror fiction, and the surprising intersections between these areas.
- I see "Dean Cain" is trending again and that is never for good reasons. 1 hour ago
- Going to review this old school RPG product soon! https://t.co/82EQaJgmpm 2 hours ago
- Time to descend into some D&D and forget all this nonsense for a little while. 2 hours ago
- Suffice to say, departments are not obliged to give a platform to hate speech. It is offensive that someone would c… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 hours ago
- … the Hell?
- General science
- History of science
- role-playing games
- Science news
- Weird fiction
Tag Archives: academia
This made me laugh. Via The Agonist (through Crooks & Liars), we get the story of the Woessners, professors at Pennsylvania State University. The Woessners (one conservative, one liberal) did a study to investigate why so few conservatives end up … Continue reading
Mrs. Bad Astronomy has written a guest post on her husband’s blog (h/t Science After Sunclipse) concerning the media’s tendency to refer to Presidential candidate Hillary Clinton as simply “Hillary”. The conclusion drawn is that this represents, either consciously or … Continue reading