Search Skulls in the Stars:
- The author of Skulls in the Stars is a professor of physics, specializing in optical science, at UNC Charlotte. The blog covers topics in physics and optics, the history of science, classic pulp fantasy and horror fiction, and the surprising intersections between these areas.
- RT @edyong209: On masks, many ppl have Very Strong Opinions. I don't think it's clear-cut either way, and I've tried to lay out & evaluate… 51 minutes ago
- RT @JammingWithAnn: @drskyskull https://t.co/M60JKbnJ59 1 hour ago
- Here, @realDonaldTrump boasts about working with a murderer to raise gas prices on Americans. twitter.com/realdonaldtrum… 1 hour ago
- “Dr. Fauci forced to ramp up security over threats” Good lord we are a stupid country. twitter.com/abc/status/124… 1 hour ago
- … the Hell?
- General science
- History of science
- role-playing games
- Science news
- Weird fiction
Category Archives: Health
Update: tweaked the descriptions of nuclear physics to be a little more specific. I’m not sure that anything fills me with despair more than the trend of parents refusing to vaccinate their children. A couple of weeks ago, an article … Continue reading
Via my postdoc advisor (who has been suggesting enough good stuff lately that I should probably just turn the blog over to him), The New York Times has posted a very nice article on living with celiac disease, “The Expense … Continue reading
There’s been a healthy amount of discussion on the science blogs over the past few days about clinical depression, spurred on in large part by questions from aspiring academics concerning the best way to address the impact of their illness … Continue reading