Search Skulls in the Stars:
- The author of Skulls in the Stars is an associate professor of physics, specializing in optical science, at UNC Charlotte. The blog covers topics in physics and optics, the history of science, classic pulp fantasy and horror fiction, and the surprising intersections between these areas.
- LIMITED TIME OFFER: friends who visit me over the next year can help me build these. https://t.co/sciAm1hod7 22 minutes ago
- From my first skydiving logbook: record of my first jumps. https://t.co/U7L0LjPqa0 34 minutes ago
- This will be upsetting to many of you but I've never finished Skyrim. 45 minutes ago
- Ugh. Evening to myself and no motivation to do anything. O hai depression, I see you there. 53 minutes ago
- … the Hell?
- General science
- History of science
- role-playing games
- Science news
- Weird fiction
Category Archives: Health
Update: tweaked the descriptions of nuclear physics to be a little more specific. I’m not sure that anything fills me with despair more than the trend of parents refusing to vaccinate their children. A couple of weeks ago, an article … Continue reading
Via my postdoc advisor (who has been suggesting enough good stuff lately that I should probably just turn the blog over to him), The New York Times has posted a very nice article on living with celiac disease, “The Expense … Continue reading
There’s been a healthy amount of discussion on the science blogs over the past few days about clinical depression, spurred on in large part by questions from aspiring academics concerning the best way to address the impact of their illness … Continue reading