Search Skulls in the Stars:
- The author of Skulls in the Stars is an associate professor of physics, specializing in optical science, at UNC Charlotte. The blog covers topics in physics and optics, the history of science, classic pulp fantasy and horror fiction, and the surprising intersections between these areas.
- My mother @GburPatricia will be proud. https://t.co/pT4lwEv0MM 16 minutes ago
- RT @halleberry: "Reading gives us someplace to go when we have to stay where we are." ~Mason Cooley #SmartIsCoolDay https://t.co/K2E7c089DZ 47 minutes ago
- I am personally friends with a handful of Mexican physicists who demonstrate that Trump is full of shit. And there… twitter.com/i/web/status/7… 51 minutes ago
- RT @svdate: Lincoln came to Gettysburg to save the country. Trump came to promise lawsuits against women accusing him of sexual assault. 53 minutes ago
- … the Hell?
- General science
- History of science
- role-playing games
- Science news
- Weird fiction
Category Archives: Sports
While I’m working on some new physics blog posts, here’s a couple of more skydiving videos that I took with a GoPro!
After about six months off, I’ve finally gotten back into the air… into freefall, that is! I haven’t been jumping for a while thanks to a combination of reasons, probably in large part to wanting to work on my singular … Continue reading
I haven’t posted any skydiving videos for a while, largely because I’ve long depended on other people, with cameras, to video me in freefall. This Christmas, my lovely wife got me a GoPro, however, and the other day I finally broke … Continue reading
I’ve been quite busy and having a hard time putting together some science posts. In the meantime, I thought I’d share a video of a couple of skydives I did a bit over a week ago at CarolinaFest 2012 at … Continue reading
Well, I finally did it — I made my 1000th skydive! On the 18th of December, 2011, my friends came out to join me in celebrating this milestone. The video is posted below. We had done a practice jump (number … Continue reading
It occurred to me, after some discussion on Twitter, that I haven’t posted any skydiving videos for a while! Part of the problem is that I haven’t had that many videos taken over the past half-year; the other part of … Continue reading