Search Skulls in the Stars:
- The author of Skulls in the Stars is a professor of physics, specializing in optical science, at UNC Charlotte. The blog covers topics in physics and optics, the history of science, classic pulp fantasy and horror fiction, and the surprising intersections between these areas.
- RT @LindseyBoylan: Just your periodic reminder that coming forward about abuse in this culture is it’s own deep trauma. A kind of trauma th… 14 minutes ago
- blergggglffffskd 19 minutes ago
- RT @Bhaal_Spawn: #TillysCursedLibrary 📚 No. 175 #FakeBookTitleFriday https://t.co/p3OxsoOq9f 46 minutes ago
- *nods approvingly* "That's Gehenna's ass." twitter.com/andrewrstine/s… 10 hours ago
- … the Hell?
- General science
- History of science
- role-playing games
- Science news
- Weird fiction
Category Archives: General science
Time again for a compilation of Twitter #weirdscifacts! Click below the link to find out what the heck these Japanese honeybees are doing.
Been a crazy few weeks for me, and I’ve barely had time to sit down, much less blog! But at last I’m going to catch up on compiling my Twitter #weirdscifacts! Read below to find out what this tiny crab … Continue reading
Time for another summary of weird science facts, as posted by me on Twitter! Read below to see the devilish secret held within this innocent-looking cup. (Which I own, btw.)
Time for another round-up of weirdscifacts from Twitter! Read below to find out what this creepy 1873 woodcut is depicting.
On a personal note: still going through a rough patch of life, and so I’m still on a sort of unofficial hiatus from writing substantial posts — though I may write one here or there. Hopefully will be back and … Continue reading
Been a rough couple of weeks for me personally, and I haven’t had the time or the energy to write some solid science posts. In the meantime, please take a look at the latest weird science facts posted on twitter. … Continue reading
Time for another recap of weird science facts from Twitter! Click below the fold to see how the system pictured below provided entertainment for Victorian folks.
Time for another round-up of weird science facts from twitter! Click below to find out this guy was dressed for, and how it didn’t turn out so well for him.
Time for another roundup of Twitter #weirdscifacts! Read below to learn the amazing secret this single unearthed coin revealed.
Here’s another roundup of Twitter #weirdscifacts from the past couple of weeks! Click below to read the list and learn what the heck this thing is.