Search Skulls in the Stars:
- The author of Skulls in the Stars is a professor of physics, specializing in optical science, at UNC Charlotte. The blog covers topics in physics and optics, the history of science, classic pulp fantasy and horror fiction, and the surprising intersections between these areas.
- It's weird that 2021 is so far personally going okay for me, but at the same time my main goal for the next few months is "don't die." 6 minutes ago
- RT @MaxKennerly: Katie Porter flipped a red district solid blue, is 4th highest Dem House fundraiser (without corporate PAC $), is well-lik… 42 minutes ago
- RT @starstrickenSF: OKAY WOW HERE WE GO IT IS FINALLY OUT AAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! explore the cosmos with me in the premier of CONSTELLATIONS,… 45 minutes ago
- 29%. Still too high after sedition and violence, but I’ll take what I can get right now. twitter.com/usa_polling/st… 47 minutes ago
- … the Hell?
- General science
- History of science
- role-playing games
- Science news
- Weird fiction
Tag Archives: cats
In lieu of more substantive blogging, I present this video of our cat Zoe: She’s developed her own lazy version of playing, in which she slides along the ground on her side after a toy instead of actually getting up … Continue reading
I haven’t done any catblogging for a while, which is a shame ’cause I’ve got lots of cute cat photos. Moving into a new house provides lots of opportunities for unexpected cat cuteness. Also, we received a very nice gift … Continue reading
I just had to post about Eleanor, my semi-adopted stray cat. When I arrived back late last night from my trip, she was waiting at the front door for me, wanting to be let in. Of course, I let her … Continue reading
I’ve done a bit of catblogging before about my insane cat Zoe. Another cat inspired me to adopt Zoe in the first place, and I thought I’d share that story, since it’s still ongoing! After the fold, meet Eleanor!
Just a quick post; the girlfriend and I are heading back home today, but I thought I’d post a picture of the first cat I got to know: my Dad’s cat Cleopatra (‘Cleo’ for short). She’s a lovely dignified tabby … Continue reading
And here I thought that this image was simply a nice photoshopped picture that somebody made for I Can Has Cheezburger! But, no, it turns out that scientists in South Korea have managed to make cloned cats that glow red … Continue reading
I’m up late, writing my NaNoWriMo for the evening, but thought I’d take a break with a few pictures of Zoe! She’s still an incredibly sweet cat, as evidenced by this picture of her taking a break:
Can I combine catblogging and horror blogging? I’m going to try! The past couple of nights, I’ve sensed a restless presence in my home. I’ve heard strange sounds and seen motion out of the corner of my eye. At last, … Continue reading
Well, our new family addition seems to be doing well. Zoe is just a real charmer! I brought Zoe to my girlfriend’s place over the weekend to introduce Zoe to her two bad kitties, and for the most part things … Continue reading